What kinds of things are preventing your protagonist from getting to the
resolution? Why? Do you think conflict has an impact on emotions? How?
The book Meg Cabot is so far about a young, clumsy, nerdy girl who is shocked to find out that she is the princess of Genovia. Her name is Mia. Mia seems to hate the idea of being a princess because she is pretty much the opposite of a princess. She cannot dress like a princess, walk like one, wave like one, and she does not look like one. She is attempting to balance out being the Princess of Genovia with school, and her friends, and her difficult grandmother.
I think the main thing that is preventing Mia from getting to the resolution is her best friend Lilly. Lilly does not know that Mia is a princess yet, and I do not think that Mia is planning on telling her anytime soon. I also think she is scared to go to school dressed like a princess becasue people do not know her as a princess, they think of her more as an outcast. I think the main reason why she does not want to be a princess is because she does not want Lilly to find out. The whole process of changing into a different person is greatly affecting Mia emotionally. She says she wants to be plain old Mia, not the Princess of Genovia. Another thing that is preventing Mia from wanting to be a princess is the fact that she has to move with her dad and grandmother to Genovia, and leave her mother and her best friend. She does not like her grandmother either, so she hates spending time with her.
The conflict definitely has a great impact on Mia's emotions. She has been stressed, and sort of depressed becuase she knows there is no way for her to get out of the situation she is in. She is most likely super overwhelmed. I know I would be overwhelmed if my father just told me one night that I was a princess. Most of all, she is in shock. I still think she is trying to understand everything that is happenning in her life. Her mom is dating one of her teachers. Her dad is the Prince of Genovia, adn her grandmother is the Queen of Genovia. Her best friend doesn't know she's a princess, and she is moving to Genovia. Her life is pretty complicated. She is also furious that her parents hid such a big secret from her for so long.
There have been times in my life where I felt like nothing was going right, or too many thing were happening at once. Like this past couple of months have been hectic. Balancing highschool open houses, and insterviews, running, nationals, homework, family, friends. Everything seems to be difficult, and overwhelming. Sometimes I feel like hiding in a hole far, far away and wait until life slows down. While I read this book I wonder what it must feel like to be a Princess, and how easy our life is compared to theirs.
Omg sydney this was so good. I really want to read this book it sounds really good. I feel like you captured everything about the conflict and story perfectally, and didn't miss a beat. I also loved your extension because it was so true to me to. Things have been so hectic,and stressful. Great job! <3 Sarah
ReplyDeleteThis is really good! I totally get how Mia is feeling conflicted about telling Lilly, because she wants things to stay the same. I know what that's like, and sometimes its really annoying to have to change. But it will work out in the end. Great post, this is really relatable!!
ReplyDelete