I recently finished reading the book Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. Towards the end of the book, I picked up on the theme of the book. I learned that things aren't always the way they seem. In the end of the book the main character Mia finds out that the most popuar, most handsomist, most amazing "love of her life" Josh Richter, turns out to be the complete opposite of what she ever wished for. She found out he was only using her for the fame. Mia realized maybe she isn't made for Josh Richter, and he isn't the perfect boy like she thought.
Realizing Josh Richter was not like what he seemed like was good for Mia. She was able to see the real Josh under the perfect face. If Mia never noticed how rude and self-centered Josh was, she maybe would have stayed with him longer, and she would never know that Josh did not actually love her for her. This kind of remindes me of when people say "things happen for a reason." It remindes me of that because it was good that Josh was showing off to the public about their relationship for the publicity. It also benefited her because it saved her from later humiliation, if she realized later, or if something happened.
There have been times in peoples lives where they might have learned the same message. I know that plenty of times I have looked at people and from what I have heard from rumors, I autimatically think one way about them. But as I got to know people, I have realized that they are not the person I thought. People who I thought were stuck up girls, ended up being nice, funny girls and great friends. But also on the other hand, I always think people are nice, and outgoing, and they end up being mean, and not the person they seem to be. I think people should get to know the person more before they think they can have any sort of relationship with them.
Another example of things not always being what they seem, is Mia's grandmother. To Mia, Gradmere is annoying, mean, rude and unloving. But at the end, Grandmere is loving towards Mia and shows her that she is a very caring Grandmother, that supports Mia's ways. In these examples, they show that people are not the way they seem and they are different when you get to know them.
Sydney,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you on what you perceived the theme as, and I too think that many people are quick to judge others without really knowing who they are or their own stories. I really think this was a powerful blog post because you interpreted it in your own way and described each of your thoughts. Great post<3